[NTLUG:Discuss] Problem with wireless

Blue Dragon thebluedragon at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 08:13:28 CST 2006

I had to recently reinstall the OS on my laptop to fix a number of
problems that have occured.  After reinstalling the OS and having the
madwifi drivers sucessfully installed I am able to pick up other
wireless networks but not able to get an IP address though.  The
latest version of the madwifi drivers seem to no longer use the athX
device and only use the wifi0 instead.  They also state that all
configuration is done through wlanconfigure instead of iwconfig.

I am using Fedora Core 6.

Any ideas on how to get this to work this time?
The network devices only show wifi0 and it's listed as an ethernet
device.  Before it would also list ath0 as a wireless device and did
work wirelessly.