[NTLUG:Discuss] OT: Thunderbird Mail

Greg Edwards greg at nas-inet.com
Sat Dec 30 14:18:13 CST 2006

dmyhand at suddenlink.net wrote:
> Hello All:
>
> My ISP recently changed (Not by any action on my part.
> They were bought by another company), and I am trying to set up
> Thunderbird according to their Outlook instructions (I never really
> have gotten around to installing Outlook on a Linux system).  Anyway,
> one required setting is the Outgoing server requires Authentication,
> and below this is the outgoing server uses the same settings as the
> incoming server.  Thunderbird does not have anything like this and
> talking to "Tech Support" is an exercise in futility.  Has anyone on
> the list dealt with this before?  Thanks, and Happy New Year,
 >
> Dennis Myhand

I use Mozilla so YMMV

You should have 3 entries (min) when you view the settings for your
account, 1. incoming server (you named), 2. local folders, 3. outgoing
server.  Use the "Outgoing Server" account and set the same server and
user names as your incoming server.  The SMTP port is 25 but they may want
you to use 587 (msa).

Good luck,
--
Greg Edwards